SCRIPTURES: Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name IMMANUEL. Matthew 1:22–23 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name EMMANUEL, which being interpreted is, GOD WITH US.
THOUGHTS: The original use of the word IMMANUEL was a sign that God would protect the House of David. The Gospel of Matthew (Matthew 1:22–23) interprets this as a prophecy of the birth of the long awaited Messiah and the fulfillment of Scripture in the person of Jesus Christ. You may interpret this Name of Jesus Christ as a prophecy and a promise that God is with you. As you contemplate the blessings of this season remember that it is all about God being right here, at this very moment, with you.
PRAYERS: Dear Heavenly Father and IMMANUEL: Your presence is reverence to me especially in the knowing that You are here with me at this very moment and every moment of my days. Help me to remember that You are with me, even during the times of trials or troubles. Thank You for Your presence. AMEN.
ADDITIONAL SCRIPTURES: The LORD told a lot of people that He is with them. He even says the same thing to you today and every day.
- TO ISAAC: Genesis 26:3 “Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee…”
- TO JACOB: Genesis 31:3 And the LORD said unto Jacob, Return unto the land of thy fathers, and to thy kindred; and I will be with thee.
- TO MOSES: Exodus 3:12 And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain.
- TO JOSHUA: Deuteronomy 31:23 And he gave Joshua the son of Nun a charge, and said, Be strong and of a good courage: for thou shalt bring the children of Israel into the land which I sware unto them: and I will be with thee.
- TO GIDEON: Judges 6:16 And the LORD said unto him, Surely I will be with thee, and thou shalt smite the Midianites as one man.
- TO JEROBOAM: 1 Kings 11:38 And it shall be, if thou wilt hearken unto all that I command thee, and wilt walk in my ways, and do that is right in my sight, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as David my servant did; that I will be with thee, and build thee a sure house, as I built for David, and will give Israel unto thee.
- TO DAVID: Psalm 91:15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
- TO ISAIAH: Isaiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
- TO YOU: Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.