SCRIPTURE: 1 Corinthians 3:14-17 If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15 If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
THOUGHT: God dwelling in you means at least three things:
- You have already confessed Jesus as Christ and Son of God, 1 John 4:15-16;
- You have learned to forgive and really love others, 1 John 4:12;
- You have made a determination to hold fast onto the things of the Word of God that you have learned, 2 Timothy 1:14.
The Results are at least these three things:
- We have absolute assurance that God lives inside of us by His Holy Spirit: John 14:17 “…But ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you”.
- By God’s Spirit we have the help that we need to walk in the ways of God: Ezekiel 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
- Holy Spirit living within us “quickens” our mortal bodies. (Romans 8:11). In one sense this refers to the raising up of our bodies from death at the second coming of Jesus Christ. In another sense this refers to the healing of our bodies by the power of God. Sickness is a kind of death to the vitality of our physical bodies. The power of life of the Spirit of God brings healing to our physical bodies and therefore “quickens” us to return to a life of wholeness. Living in vital connection with God and His Spirit awakens and charges our personal spirits so that we walk in physical, mental and spiritual healing.
PRAYER: Dear Father, I confess that Your Son, Jesus Christ is Lord of all and my Savior. It is my determination to live my life in love and forgiveness of others, no matter what they have done. I will also hold fast to Your Word as I thhmireceive it on a daily basis, by reading and studying. Please send people in my direction who love You and who truly know, live by and teach the truth as You have given it. In Jesus’ Name, AMEN!